Attendees: Judy, Aaron, Caroline
Final planning of the Low Energy Home Event
List of action points (AP):
* AP: Aaron to bring sheep’s wool insulation samples to the feast on Thurs for the event
* AP: Caroline to bring whole energy monitors on Sat to loan out.
* AP: Aaron to make a form for people to fill in to borrow the energy monitors.
We will charge a £5 deposit for the monitor and ask people to return them no later than Potato Day (31st Jan 2015).
Judy reported that the courier costs for CSE’s insulation samples and model house are at least £200. We don’t have this left and don’t necessarily think it’s worth this cost.
* AP: Judy to go to B&Q with £80 we have left to buy heating controls or anything else she thinks we should have on display.
Caroline mentioned that the details of the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund still haven’t been announced and the fund hasn’t opened.
* AP: Aaron to write and print off 20 GDHIF fliers of the details are announced by Thursday.
* AP: Caroline to being existing MEA supplies of coffee and tea. Caroline to get get milk, sugar, biscuits and cake
* AP: Judy to bring cake and biscuits
12pm-1pm: set up
1:pm-1:30pm: people arrive, serve coffee
1:30pm – 1:50pm: Tina to talk
1:50pm – 2:20pm: Tina to take questions
COULD WE ADD IN HERE A 20 MIN SLOT HERE FOR CAROLINE TO PRESENT ON TARIFF SWITCHING AND RECENT CHANGES TO HOW ENERGY SUPPLIERS DO BILLS ETC? (Yes!)
2:20pm onwards: people to visit tables:
* Footpaths (Sue)
* Grants and retrofit (Tina)
* Switching and energy efficiency (Caroline)
* Energy Assessments and bills (Judy)
* Sewing examples (Janet and Suella to provide)
* Insulation samples (Jon. Caroline to provide the samples)
Caroline to provide a Big Energy Saving Network sign in sheet so we know who came
* AP: Caroline to make a TL flier with our website address and forthcoming meeting dates
* AP: Caroline into bring cheque to pay Tina. Ask Tina for a receipt.
* AP: Caroline to ring round local boiler and insulation companies to make a list of any who are currently offering ECO funded measure. Have this for people to take away.
* AP: Caroline to check with Lynda from Roseberry St Peters Centre re: future meeting date – room availability.
CSE may have a new grant round for Eco Home Open events in January. We discussed (but didn’t agree on ) the possibility of running an Eco Homes Open Week each May and a workshop/Low Energy Homes Event or two each winter (say Nov and Feb or March) as a good rhythm.
Possible ways of funding future Low Energy Home events: Galaxy Hot Chocolate Fund / Fund My Venture funding.