We’ve had a break in meetings during August whilst most people have been away on holidays and working in their gardens, but September beckons and so we have a Transition Loughborough Food & Gardens group meeting coming up on Thursday, 4th Sept, 7pm at the LAGS Shed (University Campus, behind car park 5).
Here is the current draft Agenda :
– Meg (Fearon Hall): Joint initiative on allotment next to ours
– Date for communal harvesting on allotment, BBQ etc.
– Alison McGrath: Leicestershire Master Gardeners Project
– Potato Day and collecting order forms/money
– Apple Pressings
– Winter Feast
– Work for Student Action Group?
– Putting up shelves in allotment shed?
– Workshop at LAGS with Andy
As you can see we’ve already got a lot to talk about, and much of it may well be of interest to other gardening groups in Loughborough. All are welcome to come down to the Shed on Thursday and join in with the meeting.
And just to note that we’re still holding Wednesday work evenings at the Transition Loughborough Community Allotment plots off King George Road. At the moment its harvest time – potatoes, courgettes, peas and onions have all recently been lifted for example. Some people also work on the allotment “infrastructure” – laying paths, building structures, etc. These start at about 5pm and go on for a couple of hours usually. Once again all are welcome to come along and make the most of the remaining light evenings.