Thursday 2nd May will see the Food & Gardens group meeting at Manor Farm, Long Whatton, thanks to Graeme and Vivien. Paul will be parking outside Loughborough library in Granby Street at 6.30pm to offer a lift from there for anyone who needs one.
Rahul has kindly offered to chair the meeting.
- Welcome, introductions and thanks to our hosts.
- Any information to share (please bring any notices, newspaper items etc).
- Looking forward to the rest of the year (Paul). Festive feast – use of veggies grown on community allotment – recipes from schools taking part in Soups from a Planter- Apple events.
- Meal at Delice Deli/Leicestershire local food festival.
- Report from Community Allotment including:
- May Day planting veggies and Bug Hotel
- Progress of grant application for disabled access (Jon and John and Kathy)
- Plans and intentions (Fiona)
- Links with schools (Steve and Jon)
- Report from Skills share event 27th April (Martha)
- Rock around the Plots 2nd June (Paul)
- The Big Lunch 2nd June (Judy/Martha)
- Apple events including
- Report from special meeting that was held to cover all apple issues
- recent apple pressing at Stonebow school
- apple press bookings for the Autumn
- Jon’s video on apple crisps and the availability of our dehydrator
- Any other business, including:
- Attending Peter Le Marchant Trust
- Invitation to Stonebow community day